Thursday, March 25, 2010

What I focus on. . .

I read a pretty neat little article last night in Charisma about Breaking the Worry Habit by Dondi Scumasi.  It got me thinking that I know better than to worry. I know that what I meditate on and roll over and over in my head is just going to get worse in there.  That's how mole hills are turned into mountains. (Not that that is how that making a mountain out of a mole hill expression is usually used, but it applies.) Anyway,  Here's what she said in the article,  "What we focus on we feed, and what we feed grows.  When we feed our problems with worry, they become giants, and in comparison we feel small and vulnerable."  I needed to be reminded to magnify the Lord and meditate on Him.  So that my image of Him grows and not all the negative thoughts, like worry. So I plan to catch my thoughts more often and when I 'm not thinking a good one, tear it down, and say no to it and focus on the Great God that I serve. What a Mighty God He is. Able and Strong.  He holds my life in His hand and carries the loads I give Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment