Monday, February 1, 2010

I've been thinking. . .

I had a thought that I am not much different than the people of Israel.  Just like how they started worrying about not having any water after God had just taken them through the Red Sea (Ex. 15:24) (and He already had plans to give them water if they would just hang in there a little bit longer(Ex.15:27)), I seem to be guilty of the same thing.  I see miracles and things that God fixes after I have cried out to Him that, if He would do this big thing, I would never worry about the little things again.  He does the big thing and, after a time, I tend to forget  and before long I am anxious about the little things again.  Certainly if God could take the Israelites out of Egypt and drown the armies chasing them, He could provide water for them. When I read Exodus 15, I am challenged to keep praising God for the huge victories, how faithful God is, He heals, He takes care of what concerns me. It's all about my focus.  If He can take care of the big things, He can certainly provide for the little ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment